Musings as I travel through life's journey

Musings as I travel through life's journey

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Magic?

     I was strolling to photography when I looked up to spot a little white flake on its dive down from Heaven. I watched it from a fair distance up as it turned and spiraled torward me. Little did I know this little flakes intention was to land on my eyelash and send a chill down my spine. Oh how I love the snow! Being from California anytime there is a little hint of snow, it's so magical. I know people from Oregon just don't appreciate it as much as I do. People always make fun of me for walking around with my head up in the clouds literally and figuratively speaking, unfortunately not physically (because I am shorter than average).
     I was walking down the street with my mouth open, never did it occur to me others may be watching. So I left my mouth wide open with a grin on my face trying to catch as many icy little flakes as I possibly could, as I sang a song (which no one could possibly understand because my mouth was wide open). I heard a man chuckle as I walked past. I quickly closed my mouth and blushed. He said, "Ain't no reason to be blushin' about enjoyin' the little things." He continued with, "You sing your song, and catch your snow flakes! Don't let peoples' laughs get in the way of that miss thang." I smiled and kept on walking. Who was that man? Maybe just a man, maybe an angel, or maybe God? I am not sure, but I had a warm cozy feeling after he spoke with me, and the temperature outside should not have allowed such a feeling. Either way I'm grateful for the snow, and for the man I encountered on my silly walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment