Musings as I travel through life's journey

Musings as I travel through life's journey

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My "Will Happen List"

     Forget having a "Bucket List," in my opinion those are for having when a person knows he or she is close to death. I'm hoping I am at least 50 years away from death and 21 years closer to real life! So, how this all started:
     I went to an amazing program at NACURH in Pittsburgh, NACURH stands for The National Association of College and University Residence Halls Incorporated (I know it's a mouthful, just bear with me). The program was all about creating your very own "Bucket List." The program was inspiring with a truly powerful message, a message I have always endorsed: Follow your dreams, whatever they may be. 
     And so, from that moment on I decided to create my very own list. I knew for a fact I didn't want to call it a, "Bucket List" which, from my understanding is a list of things you create before you kick the bucket (on a side note my 7th grade teacher Mrs. Robinson taught me what that meant and let me tell you it is morbid and you should look it up if you do not know where that phrase stems from) anyway, a "Bucket List" is just too depressing so today I am here to present to you my "Will Happen List." Sure the name may not be as well known, but it's my list and my name so there! Plus I like the idea of writing things that will happen in my life because well they just will. Many items on my list seem totally unrealistic and farfetched, however, it is my "Will Happen List," therefore, I know the items I have written will indeed happen. Okay, because I know you are dying to see what I have written I will unfold my list for the world to see. I plan to cross them off on this very blog as I complete each one and hopefully have a picture to go along with it. Know, the items on this list are in no particular order and are actually written quite randomly.

Will Happen List
  1. Write a "Will Happen List"
  2. Sing on Broadway in New York
  3. Work at a hostel
  4. Marry the man of my dreams
  5. Dress up for a movie premier at the movie theater
  6. Learn Italian
  7. Join or start a band
  8. Join the Peace Corps                                                              
  9. Give anonymously to a charity
  10. Write a bestseller
  11. Ride a gondola in Venice, Italy
  12. Dance with Justin Timberlake
  13. Visit the Taj Mahal
  14. Sky dive
  15. Be in Ireland on St.Patty's Day
  16. Become a mother
  17. Drive a motorcycle
  18. Anchor the news somewhere
  19. Spend Christmas on the beach
  20. Attain a college degree                                                                       
  21. Go to Oktoberfest
  22. Get a song I have written on the radio
  23. Read a book a month for one whole year
  24. Ride on the back of a Vespa in Italy
  25. Learn how to play guitar
  26. Learn to swing dance
  27. Catch a fish and eat it
  28. Post a photo every day for one whole year
  29. Get in the Guinness Book of World Records
  30. Be in a wedding not my own 
  31. Go on a blind date
  32. Get something or someone named after me
  33. Be in a roller derby
  34. Skinny dip at midnight                                                                       
  35. Go paragliding
  36. Stand on the International Date Line
  37. Be in a television episode
  38. Get my blog to have 100 followers
  39. Go to Burning Man
  40. Be part of a flash mob
  41. Ride in a hot air balloon
  42. Shout, "drinks are on me" in a bar or pub and mean it
  43. Take my mama Rose to the Vatican
  44. Leave a job I dislike very much
  45. Street perform and make $100
  46. Attend a film premiere
  47. Live in a place I love
  48. Milk a cow                                                                              
  49. Pay off my student loans
  50. Throw an awesome party (Mathletes Vs. Athletes)                                                      
  51. Destroy a computer just like in Office Space                         
  52. Create my own cocktail
  53. Go to the World Cup
  54. Throw a dart into a map and travel where it lands
  55. Write the story of my life
  56. Learn how to skip rocks (This is the man who taught me)    
  57. Go bungee jumping
  58. Sleep in a hammock
  59. Send my parents on an all expense paid vacation 
  60. Attend a Cosplay event
  61. Go to the Olympics
  62. Dress up and go to a costume party
  63. Host Saturday Night Live
  64. Stay up all night conversing with friends until we watch the sunrise
  65. Start a slow clap in a large crowd
  66. Achieve my ideal weight
  67. Travel to every continent (So far I've been to The America's, Europe, and Africa three more to go)
  68. Share my "Will Happen List" in every way I can (you never know who can help you)
  69. Publish an article in a newspaper (http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/life/inspire/2015/04/30/visalia-woman-shares-experience-peace-corps/26665971/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=)
  70. Drive a husky sled
  71. Work for Disney
  72. Stay in a resort somewhere
  73. Get a celebrity's autograph
  74. Ride a camel to the Pyramids in Egypt
  75. Ride a camel in the Sahara Desert 
  76. Ride an elephant in Thailand 
  77. Sing with Ewan McGregor
  78. Fly first class
  79. Kiss a stranger on New Year's eve in New York
  80. Go snorkeling                                                                         
  81. Live somewhere outside the United States for more than a year 
  82. Crowd surf
  83. Visit Kauai
  84. Be a vegan for 21 days
  85. Learn every Nicki Minaj rap 
  86. Fly a kite
  87. Read, Oh the Places You'll Go to Kindergartners
  88. Pack my bags and go to a random location with no itinerary planned at all
  89. Get my pilot's license 
  90. Plant a tree 
  91. Say yes to everything and everyone for one whole day
  92. See the Northern Lights
  93. Write a song about my friends Katie, Kylie, and Loryn
  94. Perform five random acts of kindness without expecting anything in return 
  95. Try an exotic food that sounds and looks disgusting (who knows I might like it!)
  96. Connect with the teachers and mentors from my past- college, high school, junior high, and elementary. Let them know how much they influenced my life.
  97. Visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial
  98. Invent a word and get it added to the dictionary
  99. Get straight A's 
  100. Go on a cruise
  101. Learn how to play the bagpipes
  102. Try couch surfing at least once
  103. Own a Thunderbird
  104. Go to New York and see a Broadway show
  105. Inspire five other people to create their own "Will Happen List"
  106. Voice act for a Disney Princess 
  107. Go to a wine tasting 
  108. Live in Scotland, Italy, or Germany for at least 6 months
  109. Get a T-Shirt quilt made
  110. Attain a Masters Degree
  111. Dance on top of a bar 
  112. Swim with sharks
  113. Work in a pub or at a bar
  114. Serve on a jury
  115. Fly in a helicopter
  116. See the Grand Canyon in person 
  117. Rock climb Red Rock

     The list can be anything you really want in life, no matter how crazy another person might think it is, search inside and figure out what it is you want to do. I hope after reading my list you are inspired to go and create your own list, because as my blog reminds us all: Time Doesn't Grow on Trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment