Musings as I travel through life's journey

Musings as I travel through life's journey

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mom Said

     My mom used to tell me when I was younger, "Coleen, money doesn't grow on trees." Now I am in college and that phrase makes even more sense than it did back then. I am often caught up in the hustle and bustle of school worrying about money. Will I have enough this term? I need to pay how much to get my transcript? Why is interest on my loan so much? I keep thinking back on my mother's statement money doesn't grow on trees. Think about all the time we waste worrying about money, and stressing about the next paycheck.
     There are so many ideas more valuable than money we can never grow on trees. What is more important than money, time. I ponder the idea of time growing on trees, easily available for someone to simply pick a couple extra weeks off, days, or even minutes. Life would be such a different place if we could take just one more day with someone we loved. Have one more extra minute to kiss our loved ones before heading out the door for work. 
     I urge you to consider time after reading this. We only have so much of it. Our weeks, days, and minutes are numbered, and we can't grow anymore. Take the extra time to say goodbye and I love you to the people you love. You never know when that phrase will be your last. Stop worrying about the money, your hard work will provide for you. Instead, spend the time to count the blessings you do have. Enjoy the time which doesn't grow on trees. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment